Thursday, July 02, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I'm working as an ordained clergyperson now, at my former field ed site, and trying to get into a rhythm of the thing. Not there yet, but getting there. I hadn't written a sermon in several weeks, and now I need to get back into the rhythm of doing weekly ones. Yow!

One of the out-of-state search committees sent me an email indicating that they would very much like to continue in the process with me, and hoped I felt the same way, too. That was a bit of a surprise - I thought they might not be interested because I am "only" a transitional deacon. Mibi is once again wrong. Big surprise there, eh?

Sure, I'll talk. Until I get a firm offer of call in a place that really feels like it is Spirit-led, I'll talk to anybody. At some point, I'll know. Right now, I'm just trying to get the sermon for Sunday written.

No comments: