Wednesday, January 18, 2006


The report wasn't ready, so the vestry didn't vote last night. This means that they'll have to vote and turn around their letter of support for me virtually instantaneously next month, to make the deadline for me to participate in the Commission on Ministry interviews in mid-March.

For want of a nail, the seminarian might have to wait for another whole year.


St. Casserole said...

I hope you don't need to wait a year.
Do you have a tree stump in your backyard? If so, grab big nails and a hammer and go pound the nails into the stump. It helps.

mibi52 said...

I'm wishing for a stump, but I'm actually much calmer today. I spent last night being crabby about it, but shook it off this morning. I emailed the saintly woman who coordinates the COM activities, since the 50 page ordination handbook we live and die by has conflicting info on what needs to be in hand before I can go for the COM interviews. I'm hoping that by putting her on notice that I am in the home stretch on the paperwork and will fax her the vestry letter, that all will be well.

I'm repeating to myself "If it's meant to be, it will happen." I'm also eating chocolate. All will be well.

Quotidian Grace said...

Praying all will be well and the COM will snap up.

Songbird said...

Well, crap. This stuff is so frustrating. I'm on the Church and Ministry committee in my Association, and we have the same sort of complications in interpreting our Manual on Ministry that you describe. I pray this will all flow smoothly for you.