Monday, January 02, 2006

Discombobulated

This Monday holiday thing has me very confused.

Woke up at 7:30 am, an all-time late wake-up, and finished the last chapter of a mystery novel (Phil Rickman's "The Cure of the Souls", and thanks to St Casserole for turning me on to this series about an Anglican woman priest who does deliverance ministry). PH was already up and making coffee, bless him. He had an early meeting downtown.

At 8 a.m. StrongOpinions crawled into the bed - a cricket had escaped from Moses the gecko's environment and was chirping all night.

At 8:30 a colleague called up for a mutual complaining session about the head of the trade association we are noth involved with.

At 9 a.m. I went downstairs, read the paper, and signed PH and me up for a photo for the church directory (note to self: lose 20 pounds by January 21st).

At 9:15 I noted on the calendar that I am going on a mission trip to Pascagoula, MS in early February to help rebuild one of our sister churches there, St John's Episcopal Church. St. Cass, is that fairly close to you? If so, can we get together for a cup of coffee?

It's now 11 am. I've gotten dishes done. Should I:
a) do the last 20 rows of StrongOpinion's Andre the Giant scarf, then sew it and block it?
b) go downtown and do expense reports and get StrongOpinions' cell phone replaced, although the Verizon store may be closed for the holiday?
c) start the other Phil Rickman novel I got from the library?
d) bake a pumpkin cheesecake (low-carb, of course)?
e) go back to bed?

Hard to decide what to do first on a holiday Monday!

1 comment:

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

For the record, I went downtown, got SO's phone fixed (they replaced it for FREEEEEE), did some reorganizing of office stuff so i can move it into my basement office, came home, laid out the ingredients for the pumpkin cheesecake, and then stopped. Read PPB's post on going the the American Pre-Womyn Doll place in Big City. All mothers of young daughters will know what we mean. Had SO read it. We were both on the floor laughing. I think I'm ready to bake now.

Oh, and while I was waiting for the phone to be taken care of, I went into Borders and bought Jaroslav Pelikan's new commentray on Acts.(I had a gift card that was burning a hole in my pocket.) Time to do some grown-up reading again.