Tuesday, January 24, 2006

25 Questions No One Would Think to Ask


From Songbird:

1) When you looked in the mirror first thing this morning, what was the first thing you thought?
Dang. Bad hair day.

2) How much cash do you have on you?
$60. I think. Maybe $40. Plus three stamps and a Metro fare Card.

3) What's a word that rhymes with TEST?
Messed (well, it's pretty darned close.)

4) Planet?
Jupiter. I'm way out there today. I spent most of it on Capitol Hill. Nuff said.

5) Who is the fourth person on your missed calls?
The office, telling me I need to fix someone else's problem IMMEDIATELY!

6) What is your favourite ring on your phone?
Mozart Jupiter Symphony, or rather a synthesized version of it. Rather strange, but I haven't heard it on anyone else's phone, so I can always recognize that it's my phone ringing.

7) What shirt are you wearing?
Black cotton knit turtleneck. The Duofold one, as opposed to the one I wore while working today, which was a black ribbed cotton Talbots one. I think my fetish for black sweaters and black shoes has gotten the better of me.

8) What do you label yourself as?
Cranky but still hopeful.

9) Name the brand of shoes you've recently worn.
New Balance once I got home; Josef Seibel while working the halls of Congress.

10) Bright room or dark room?
Dark, with a lovely little halogen lamp giving me the little light I do need.

11) What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sleeping, and grinding my teeth on my nice new night-guard.

12) What did the last text message on your phone say?
"I'll be home in a little while. " It was from StrongOpinions, who always texts me when she doesn't want to argue with me about when she should be home.

13) Where is your nearest 7-11?
A quarter mile away. Not a high-frequency place for me to visit, as I'm trying to stay away from Twinkies and Ho-Hos.

14) What's a saying you say a lot?
Oh, well... (usually after I've done something stupid.)

15) Who told you they loved you last?
PH.

16) Last furry thing you touched?
Spooky the neurotic cat.

17) How many drugs have you done in the past three days?
Synthroid, Celebrex, Aciphex, Actonel, vitamins, low-dose aspirin. Also caffeine. Also a very nice glass of Sancerre. Can you tell I'm a middle-aged woman?

18) How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
None. Digital camera. But I *do* need to put pics in albums. Someday. (This is an exact copy of Songbird's answer, which is an exact copy of Terminal's answer, and is just as true for me.In fact, it's probably a universal truth for all of us with digital cameras.)

19) Favourite age you've been so far?
I like them all, except 41, when I got divorced. Twas not a good year.

20) Your worst enemy?
Unrealistic expectations.

21) What is your current desktop picture?
A gorgeous white lily from our front garden last year; a bank of these lilies overlooked the fish pond. See upper right hand corner of this post.

22) What was the last thing you said to someone?
Yes, I got your email with instructions for the conference call.

23) If you had to choose between a millions bucks and being able to fly, which would you choose?
The bucks. I'm afraid of heights!

24) Do you like someone?Like? Or “like” like?
RGBPs. The women on the retreat with me last weekend. RLP. Other blog pals. The folks with whom I'm going on the mission trip. Our neighbors Bob & Dan, and Dave & Betsy. My spiritual director. The only "like" like is PH, whom I actually like like like like...

25) The last song you listened to?"
"The Fisher King" by Carrie Newcomer. Before that, the Mozart Requiem, to help PH decide which movement to play for his staff meeting on Thursday. They are psychotherapists, after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
»