Saturday, June 06, 2009

Name Change


Until this moment, this blog was named "Rev-to-be-Mibi." It chronicled my journey through discernment and seminary.


Now, since the Bishop and the people consented and I was ordained to the transitional diaconate this morning, the name no longer fits. So this place has a new name, and I have a new title.


Rev Mibi. Wow.
TOH to The Rev. Matthew C, who took this picture of me receiving my Bible from my Bishop from the Amen Corner of the church where I was ordained this morning. Interesting factoid: I was standing in front of the exact spot on the altar rail where Robt. E. Lee was confirmed in the mid-1800s. George Washington's pew is over beyond the right side of this picture.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Terrific! Today the Church is blessed!

Maggie said...

Congratulations, Mibi!

Lauralew said...

Remember that first day in Hebrew class? You've come a long way, Baby ;)! The Church indeed is blessed today.

Rev Dr Mom said...

Happy day! Congratulations!