Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Five: Life is a Verb

A lovely Friday Five from Jan this morning....

1. What awakens you to the present moment?

Coffee and possibilities.


2. What are 5 things you see out your window right now?

Satellite dishes (lots of sports fans in my townhouse community), a thousand shades of green in the leaves of the trees, bushes and grass, a squirrel on a branch, lots of wires running from house to house (lots of electricity used around here), a tilted fence.

3. Which verbs describe your experience of God?

Being, doing, listening, smiling, weeping.

4. From the book on p. 197:
Who were you when you were 13? Where did that kid go?

Book nerd, musician, thinker. I'm pretty much the same as then, just a little grayer and a little fatter.

5. From the book on p. 88:
If your work were the answer to a question, what would the question be?

Can I tell you my story?

Bonus idea for you here or on your own--from the book on p. 149:
"Go outside. Walk slowly forward. Open your hand and let something fall into it from the sky. It might be an idea, it might be an object. Name it. Set it aside. Walk forward. Open your hand and let something fall into it from the sky. Name it. Set it aside. Repeat.

Breeze brushing my hand and the side of my face. Warmth of the sun, blessed after yesterday's wild rain storms, brightening my skin.

3 comments:

Terri said...

LOL at the "same as then only a little grayer and little fatter" - isn't that the truth for ALL of us? good play!

Jan said...

I love that thought that "possibilities" awaken you--that is all of life if I could remember that!

I liked the breeze brushing against you AND that you even tried the bonus thought.

Jane said...

Love teh story telling question
HAve a good weekend!