1. If you could travel to any historical time period, which would it be, and why?
Venice in the time of Vivaldi (early 1700s). It would be interesting to see one of my favorite cities and hear the first performances of one of my favorite composers, the Red Priest.
2. What futuristic/science fiction development would you most like to see?
Clean air, clean water, food for all, nonpolluting transportation.
3. Which do you enjoy more: remembering the past, or dreaming for the future?
Definitely the future. I love possibilities.
4. What do you find most memorable about this year's Lent?
Participating in the Holy Week activities as a seminarian - very different from behind the altar.
5. How will you spend your time during this upcoming Holy Week? What part do you look forward to most?
As usual, I'll be assisting at the Palm Sunday service. I'll be singing in a Tenebrae Service on Tuesday, assisting in footwashing at the Maundy Thursday service, assisting at the Good Friday evening service. I'll be "off-duty" on Saturday, then helping with the whole wild Easter Sunday celebration, from the Eucharist to the Easter Egg Hunt. I think I'm looking forward to helping with the footwashing the most, because it feels like such a "first" for me.
After all these years of cooking Easter Sunday dinners, I think I'll be doing something very simple since it's just PH and me this year. Maybe I'll have him grill some lamb. No, I won't be eating chocolate bunnies. Too many Fat Club points....