Friday, December 30, 2005

RevGal friday Five: New Years' Edition

1) Do you make New Year's Resolutions?
You mean besides my annual resolution to lose twenty pounds? Nahhh. Why break the pattern?

2) If so, are they generally successful?
You must be kidding.

3) Do you write them down, or make a mental list?
Too disheartening to write the annual weight loss resolution down.

4) Even if you don't make resolutions, is there something you want to focus on in the New Year?
Yes. Completing my discernment process with integrity and with focus on where the Holy Spirit leads me.That, and cleaning the refrigerator.

5) And do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
Cooking a lovely dinner for PH and me - I suspect StrongOpinions will be with UselessBoyfriend for the evening, then trying to stay conscious past nine p.m.

Nope, we're not night people, and that's OK with us.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hmm, maybe I'll go clean my refrigerator. That's a nice manageable resolution.

Unknown said...

Mine could use a cleaning, too, but since I am in another state, I guess it will have to wait...
Happy New Year!

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Well, mirabile dictu, I got the downstairs refrigerator (the truly icky one) cleaned today. Took an hour, and many science experiments went out into the trash. I'll see if I have the energy to do the main one, which isn't very bad at all, tomorrow or Monday. Then I can say I've accomplished ONE of my resolutions!