Sunday, January 04, 2009

I Guess It's Real

PH got home today from his visit to his family in the Windy City. I stayed home and prepared for GOEs by cleaning my house, and by going to a lovely party at my friends' house last night.

We do a pull-the-name-out-of-a-hat gift exchange in his family amongst the adults, and PH brought home my gift, from my dear in-laws C&J. An exquisite pottery communion set - paten, chalice, and pitcher - with an ichthus on each piece.

The message from this amazing gift is that there are some folks who really do believe I'm going to get ordained in a few months, even on a day like today when I wonder if it will EVER happen.

Thanks, C&J, for your faith in me and in this process, and for the gift, which makes me so happy and more than a little blown away by it all.

1 comment:

Rev Dr Mom said...

I'll be thinking about you this week.

It will all be done soon! Good luck!