Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bleh

I got up at 0 dark 30 this morning to take PH to the airport. He's headed to Orlando for several days for national conference of his professional association (he is VP) at Mauschwitz. He is leaving the remains of a snow and ice storm here. Roads are once again passable, although the sidewalks are still a dicey proposition. He was complaining last night that it was only going to be in the 60s there. I had little sympathy.

School starts again next week. I got virtually nothing done that I wanted to take care of over the Jan term. There is one small project that I'm hoping to wrap up in the next 7 days, so it's out of my hands before my surgery in eight days. If I also get some work done on the thesis, that will be all to the good. My wide-open schedule for this quarter is being nibbled away by various small responsibilities, mostly for pay, so I can't complain too much. I do wish I had been able to get the surgery scheduled earlier, but it was not to be.

The exciting news around here is that StrongOpinions and Litigator are coming tomorrow. Since I haven't seen SO since Christmas, and I haven't seen Litigator since last summer, I'm stoked. We had hoped to get StoneMason here as well, but his schedule is just too packed. If you're in the snow industry, this is peak season. They will be here through the weekend.

As we were driving out to the airport this morning, PH said, "So what's next in terms of the job search?" "Well, I've sent the resume to all the places with open positions, and I've gotten emails back saying they're just starting their process and will get back to me, so I've gone as far as I can for now." Silence. I suspect he's a bit nervous about the job thing, but he doesn't want to make me more nervous, so he left it there. And the net result? I'm more nervous.

I think I'll excuse myself now and go finish the first draft of Sunday's sermon. That I know I can do.

No comments: