Friday, January 09, 2009

Done


I finished the last GOE question at around noon today. It was a rather interesting Church History one looking at the founding of the Episcopal Church in America and at the Colenso controversy in South Africa in the mid-1800's and how the issues in both situations might inform our current disputes relating to Anglican identity.

Frankly, I had never heard of Bishop John Colenso of Natal before reading the question, but it turned out to be an interesting little controversy, and I think I did adequately on the question. It did feel good, though, to click on the "submit" button and have it done.

After almost a year of anxious build-up to the General Ordination Exams, it feels rather odd to be done. It will be several weeks until we get the scores, but at this moment, I care not a whit about what someone else thinks of them. I'm just grateful to be done.

Tomorrow I've got a one-day vestry retreat (at my house - how did that happen?). Somewhere in there I've got to finish the sermon for Sunday. I doubt it will be one of my best, but it will be something or other. Then I'm leading the adult forum (topic: could you pass GOE's?) and meeting with the LifeCare team on our plan of action. No rest for the weary.

But tonight I will be taken out to dinner by my dear darling PH, and will enjoy it completely and utterly!

2 comments:

Towanda said...

congrats!! now get some rest!

Mary Beth said...

YEAH FOR YOU!!!

Great topic for Sunday school class.