Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Prayers, Please

I'm having a recurrence of a blood problem (ITP, for those who care about such things) that has been in remission for a couple of years. I noticed a lot of bruising and little red dots called petechiae on my legs and arms over the weekend, and when I had my blood tested, the platelet count was quite low. So now we're watching and waiting for a week - if it doesn't resolve itself (which it has sometimes in the past), it means a couple of days of being hooked up to an infusion pump and getting major drugs pumped into me.

Suffice to say, I'd like to avoid the infusion if possible. The funny thing is that I feel fine, except for the remnants of the cold in the form of a dry cough. Ah, well, stuff happens.

On a lighter note, I had lunch with the rector of my sponsoring parish today...yummy Indian food. Lots of hard-core theological conversation (he has a doctorate in theology and ethics), and it was fun to be able to have such a conversation and be able to hold my own in it. Guess I'm learning something after all.

Off to organize my closet and drawers!

5 comments:

bethoc said...

You're in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Peace.

Kathryn said...

Prayers from here too.

Anonymous said...

And prayers from your Presbyterian sister down the street.

Rev Dr Mom said...

Prayers for a quick recovery. Take care.

Lauralew said...

Hugs and prayers to you for a quick recovery.