Friday, August 17, 2007

Done

CPE is over - we graduated today. I had a final go-round with the prickly person in our group in our last IPR, and, mirabile dictu, the supervisor told her she was transferring her unresolved stuff on me. This was something I had been trying to get her to for several weeks, and the supervisor had just stepped back to see if she would get it, and if I could lay it out clearly enough, and finally she realized that the prickly one wouldn't listen to it from me. It is a relief to have been backed up.

I got a chance to say goodbye to staff and patients that I had developed relationships with.

My neck feels way too light, without my ID and pager, though. This being done will take some getting used to. Eleven very difficult and wonderful weeks of my life. Three baptisms, five deaths, two commendations, a funeral, innumerable Kleenexes (for me and for parents), deep conversations with nurses, witnessing open heart surgery, developing working relationships with so many new people.

We leave early tomorrow to go out to see StrongOpinions and PH's relatives in MileHigh City. Tonight PH is taking me out for a belated fancy birthday-end of CPE dinner. I couldn't have survived this without him, bless him.

Champagne, anyone?

3 comments:

Sophia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!

ALLELUIA!!!!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Blessings and Peace. I'll start CPE at Goodwin House, Bailey's Crossroads in October. I hope you'll look in on me from time to time, and include me in your prayers. Cheers!

Towanda said...

sorry to miss you in mile-high-city...