Monday, September 18, 2006

Yes, I'm Still Here

...just a little swamped with work right now. It's all good, and I'm loving it. I got deeply engrossed in an exegesis last night and the next thing I knew, it was 11:30 pm. Would that I could get as joyfully engrossed in Hebrew grammar!

I did get to do some fun things this weekend: a community dinner at the seminary, a dinner with the rector of the church we helped out on the Gulf Coast this past February, a concert by the absolutely transcendent Carrie Newcomer at RM's church, and dinner out with dear PH last night. In between, it was reading, reading, reading, writing, writing, writing (with some loads of laundry in-between).

StrongOpinions got an A+ on a paper about feminist perspectives on the Bible. I hope some of her smarts rub off on her mother!

I am mostly over the icky cold, just some occasional sniffles and hacks. This, too, shall pass.

Back later.

4 comments:

reverendmother said...

I have to say to mibi's adoring fans that she looked luminous on Saturday night. Seminary agrees with her!!!

Sophia said...

Hi Mibi!

Glad things are going well (if chaotic!)

At the moment I am procrastinating on finishing my reading for this evening's class. OT and NT just took it out of me today. As a classmate put it, "I NEED to go to Chapel and pray after those classes!" :-)

For a somewhat lighter take on seminary life (tinged with my typical sarcasm) see my latest post - a fake Ember Day letter. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are doing ok! YOu have to come up for air sometime!

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Gee, I have adoring fans? Gosh, I never knew! (Giggling madly at the thought.)

Sophia - it's good to hear from you! Yup, some days are three service days. It takes Morning Prayer, noon Eucharist AND Evening Prayer to put us back together. I wish we could do the Vulcan Mind-Meld thing and not have to read a gazillion pages each week, but I guess it's sort of like the hours that interns and residents do before they become doctors. Or something...

Cathy-chatted with my classmate and your friend LH the other day. I love what a small world it is!