Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bleahhh

Still feeling awful. I went to bed early, and slept in StrongOpinions' room since I didn't want to infect poor PH, who's doing a 100-mile bike ride today (what cyclists call a century) up in Maryland and Pennsylvania.

I got up and took some DayQuil in hopes of beating it back, so my nose isn't drippy, but my throat still hurts and my head feels like it's stuffed full of cotton. I will skip icon writing today, which gives you an indicator of how vile I feel.

I'm perched on the couch with my nice warm laptop, and should really put it away and get started on my Hebrew homework. I can't afford to be sick right now, but whining about it won't help. Is it too early for me to take a nap?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never too early to take a nap, but especially when you are sick. You can also snooze with a laptop in your lap :)
Hebrew shebrew - when you're sick, I would pass that off. No way Jose.

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Got the written Hebrew done. It's naptime. PH won't be home until 7 or 7:30, so I'll get some quiet time, probably on StrongOpinions' bed, with the cooking shows on PBS murmuring away. I think I'll put off some of the reading homework until tomorrow.

LutheranChik said...

I love watching PBS cooking shows when I'm sick, snowed-in or otherwise confined to my sofa.;-)

I admire your studying Hebrew. I was once at a training retreat where our facilitator, a prof from Capital University, was speaking about Isaiah and suddenly launched into an impassioned reading of the Hebrew text. It was awesome (it actually briefly frightened the front row of students). It demonstrated how much we lose of the original flavor of Hebrew, even the emotion of the intonation, through translation.

revhipchick said...

i hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better too. Making the rounds on the blogs tonight and noticed you have been mighty quiet. Hope all is well!