Monday, March 13, 2006

Thank you, Lord

We had our bimonthly Emmaus Bible Study/Spiritual formation group meeting last night. It's such a wonderful source of growth and support for me, and leading it has given me many lessons.

There was special good news last night. You may recall my asking for prayers for my friend N, who has been in a terrible depression, and had been hospitalized following a suicide attempt. N, with spouse, was with us last night, a first foray amongst people beyond the immediate family. I had taken N to lunch last week, hoping this would encourage further interactions once again.

Thank you, Lord, for the start of the long healing process for N. Thank you for reminding us that You are the Great Healer. Thank you for a loving community to welcome N back "into the world."

No comments: