Tuesday, March 07, 2006

St Cass's Meme: Do You Wear a Cross?

Do you wear a cross?
99.9% of the time.

Is there a particular time or place that you consider wearing a cross?
Since wearing one is the norm, what I consider is when NOT to wear it. Only rarely.

Where do you wear it?
I wear a cross on a necklace, usually outside of my clothing.

What does the cross look like?
I have two crosses, one an antique gold one, and one silver Celtic one.

Who gave the cross to you or did you choose it?
The antique one is my grandmother's, given to me a long time ago. The silver one is one I purchased from a favorite silversmith in Newport, Rhode Island.

Is this your favorite cross, if so, why?
I love them both equally.

What does wearing a cross mean to you?
It tells me I'm am here because of God and I am called to serve Him.

2 comments:

Sophia said...

When are your postulancy interviews?

I met some people from your diocese at the prospective students' conference at GTS last month.

They were worrying about the interviews. I have been thinking of all of you and praying things go well.

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

March 17th - St. Patrick's Day. I think I'll be reciting St. Patrick's Breastplate, one of my favorite prayers, the whole week before and during the interviews. They're two hours south of us, and I'm supposed to bring not only my presenting priest and my husband, but also reps from my PDC and my vestry. Can you say "Road Trip?" we'll be car-pooling, and one of the team has volunteered to have cheese fondue waiting for us when we get back.

Thanks for the good thoughts!