Saturday, March 11, 2006

For all that was, Thanks. For all that will be,Yes.

Spring is here. We're experiencing some extraordinarily warm weather - feels like about 75 degrees outside right now - and the garden is responding. My little "tete-a-tete" daffodils are blooming, the Virginia bluebells are swaying in the breeze, and the fish in the pond are swimming around merrily. StrongOpinions notes that they have spawned again. I think we're back up to at least 25 fish ranging in size from 1/2 inch to 7 inches. I took an hour-long walk early this morning up and down the undulating hills in our neighborhood. 'Twas delight.

I got word today that I actually am scheduled for my Commission on Ministry interviews this coming Friday - you'll recall there was something of a snafu when one of the parties in the process didn't get her paperwork in on time, but that seems to have been overcome - and, best of all, they're holding the interviews at Big Old Seminary (20 minutes drive from home) rather than Diocesan Retreat Center (2 hours drive). They scheduled me for first thing in the morning, so I can go in and get it done rather than fretting all morning and turning myself into a giant wet squished Kleenex. We can leave the Seminary when we're done and go drink Jameson's or green beer to either celebrate or console me. The last good thing is that they are supposed to let us know before the weekend is out what the results are, rather than waiting and waiting and waiting. These are good things.

Thanks, and yes.

1 comment:

Emily said...

All will be well! Many blessings.