Thursday, November 11, 2010

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

I'm preparing for another Memorial Service on Sunday afternoon, after our regular services, the pledge ingathering, and the congregational meeting where we will elect new vestry members. The day before all this, PH and I (along with our choir director and children's choir director) will be singing in a concert - two, actually, at 4:30 and 8 pm). So it's going to be a rather intense weekend.

Today I spent some time cleaning up my desk at the office. I tend to forget to do stuff like that in the midst of the busyness, but it became apparent that the piles were reproducing like rabbits and I no longer had any usable space available. Great motivator, that! I've gotten the worst of it attended to, with something of an organizing plan so I don't lose stuff. Now I just need to stay on top of it going forward.

(Stop snickering. I mean it.)

Chez Mibi, the house tends to get cleaned when we've got houseguests coming. In the coming weeks, we will have houseguests weekly almost until Christmas, so the house will be looking pretty nifty.

Perhaps I should put someone up in my office. Maybe then it would stay clean and neat...

(Naaahhhh.)

1 comment:

Lauralew said...

Laughed in recognition re the desk as well as the timing of cleaning. We won't have any guests for a while, but my asthma provides a reliable indicator for when it is time to clean!