- Gym. 20 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes on the bike. Long and steady. Tomorrow will be the kick-butt weight and cardio circuit class.
- Sermon writing for a while. Baptisms and All Saints - a mostly children's sermon with subliminal and not so subliminal messages for the adults.
- Hospital visit.
- Visit to the holiday fair that all the area Museum Stores have at the VA Historical Society...fun stuff, albeit overpriced. Got gifts for two nephews.
- Carytown for an utterly self-indulgent afternoon of poking into stores, shopping, buying yarn (yes I know I already have a ridiculous stash of wool, but this is SOCK yarn, for Pete's sake! There is no such thing as too much sock yarn), a beautiful stole made in Palestine, and assorted tchotchkes for Christmas stockings and such.
- dinner at a local wine bar that has great "small plates" - had some different cheeses and a pate de campagne. Nice glass of Nebbiolo with it.
- home, finished off the sermon.
- heading upstairs to work on some sewing.
It was nice to have something that felt (for the first time since I've taken this call) like a day off.
Got to remember to do that a little more from now on.