"I'm preparing to pack my bags for the Big Event Three, and as I gather what I need I'm thinking about just that: what do I *need* to take with me? As a person who likes to pack light, I worry that in the end I may underpack and wish I had other things with me. I own the gigantor version of the bag to the right, but my morbid fear of having it go astray and not get to the ship means I'm more likely to try to pack it all in a carry-on bag instead, especially since I have a very tight connection on the way to the cruise. But won't I be sorry if I don't bring _______________?"
With that in mind, here are five questions about packing to go on a trip.
1) Some fold, some roll and some simply fling into the bag. What's your technique for packing clothes?
Roll and stuff. I can fit bunches of things into very tight spaces. Part of it comes from having a mom who was in the military in WWII and who learned efficient packing in a duffle bag, part of it was having been a road warrior in my prior life, and traveling a lot all over the place. I also am good at finding clothing that is space-efficient and non-wrinkling. That sure helps.
2) The tight regulations about carrying liquids on planes makes packing complicated. What might we find in your quart-size bag? Ever lose a liquid that was too big?
Never lost a liquid that was too big. In my quart-sized bag are basic toiletries including the contact lens stuff and moisturizer and such. I've also got, I'm sad to say, another quart-sized bag with meds. Such is middle age. Glad I don't have to fit that stuff into the first bag or else I'd be un-deodorized, un-moisturized, un-toothbrushed - yuck.
3) What's something you can't imagine leaving at home?
The iPod and a couple of books, and maybe some knitting.
4) Do you have a bag with wheels?
Mais certainement! Life is too short to have a sore shoulder or back.
5) What's your favorite reading material for a non-driving trip (plane, train, bus, ship)?
Mystery novel or design magazines, usually.
I'm happy to say I'm going on BigEvent3 - my first with these women - and i cannot wait!
How about you?