Sunday, May 31, 2009

Saint Middle School


I had a lovely morning today at Saint Middle School. Although my official last Sunday with them was two weeks ago, they asked me to come back today for a farewell. They gave me some very generous gifts - so kind and such a stretch for such a tiny parish.


I gave them the icon that I made for them - not everyone realized at first that this wasn't something store-bought, but something I had made for them over several months. I do hope they have a building someday soon to hang it in.
Several members of the choir there will be participating in the choir that will sing at my ordination on Saturday - it is so wonderful of them to make the long trek into Old Town for the event. Good folks. They were very good to me, and I am grateful for all they have done.

No comments: