Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Random Dots of Graduation Eve

  • Various and sundry in-laws, plus StrongOpinions, arrived yesterday evening. We ate a lot, laughed a lot, drank a wee bit, and enjoyed each other's company. Unfortunately, somebody brought a cold with them, which I now have inherited. Since I have to be a cantor tonight, it is slightly worrisome, but I shall prevail!

  • Still trying to figure out exactly what I'm going to wear tomorrow, since it's going to be hot and the cassock and surplice and academic hood are pretty warm. We're going out to lunch after the graduation and reception, so I think I can't get away with a bathing suit. I suspect the Gold Bond powder will be liberally applied.

  • Got the lovely news that I will graduate with honors. Working hard does pay off. Not necessarily with a job (yet) but with the pleasure of knowing it was a job well and faithfully done.

  • Getting a job is still a work in progress. Please pray.

  • Thesis advisor was so taken with her icon (the St Paul that has been on this website for a while) that she is going to start taking classes with us. Very wonderful!

  • This is a time of turning away from one source of light and heat to another. There are brief moments of chill in the process, bits of clouds overhead every now and again. We need reminding that behind the cloud, beyond the chill, is the warmth and love of Him who provides all.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Congratulations! Such a big accomplishment! I know getting my M.Div. meant way more to me than getting my B.A. did. Good luck with the job search.

Lauralew said...

Congratulations! Wish I could be there with you and the others tomorrow. Glad to see that VTS is streaming graduation again--I'll be on my computer at 8 am mountain time to watch you and my other friends walk across the stage. BTW, continuing to pray for a job for you!

David said...

Congratulations and Well Done! Enjoy your day tomorrow. Continued prayers for you on the call front. Blessings always.

Rev Dr Mom said...

Congratulations!!