- I chanted the Litany for Ordination yesterday evening at my friend L's ordination to the diaconate. In the midst of masses of incense - it was the highest-church ordination in this diocese ever - and in front of our new Bishop Coadjutor, who is a trained musician, and I didn't cough, choke, or make any major gaffes. Thanks be to God.
- I did my first ethnographic study of a church with my prof for her research project. Way cool. Now I need to write up the field notes.
- The Commission on Ministry FINALLY approved my plan for Field Ed. You know, the one where I don't take Field Ed for credit in the spring, use the rector of our mother church as an informal supervisor, and I don't have to do any sort of independent study. Sweet! Maximum flexibility, minimum extraneous paperwork. What's not to like?
- Today I get to meet with the Deployment Officer and the Ordination Coordinator to talk about next steps...like figuring out how to find a job, and the various pieces of paperwork that need to be filled out so we actually can get ordained.
- In Anglican Thought class tonight, we talk about the wonderful William Temple, one of my favorite Anglican thinkers.
I guess I've procrastinated enough. Time to go write field notes.