Monday, September 15, 2008

Random Dots of Monday



  • Today was the semiannual visit of the largest supplier of vestments and such. I am the student rep on our seminary campus. I get a small commission on what is sold, and apparently we got a lot of orders today. This means I'll have a credit with the company to buy essential stuff like clergy shirts when I get ordained. This is definitely a good thing.



  • I did a study session for our basic musicianship class today. We are trying to turn non-musicians into people who can read a hymn tune (for purposes of worship planning) in six class sessions. Not. Gonna. Happen.



  • I am managing to keep up with the reading for the classes, but feel like I'm already behind the curve for the thesis. Gotta fix that. One class is easy, one is pass-fail, one is audit. I shouldn't be having this problem. Prioritize, Mibi, prioritize. On the other hand, I've found some really useful books to support my work. Now I've just got to read them.



  • Stuff is happening at St Middle School that I can't blog about right now. Not bad, just changing/ challenging, and it affects my work there. I thought I was cool with it, but the anxiety hit me this morning. Thank goodness for the noon Eucharist. Remarkable how attending this service calms me right down again.



  • I was doing battle with the weak wireless signal in my library study carrel, and whined about it to our tech support guru. An ethernet cable magically appeared on the handle of the carrel door, so I can attach to the network the "old-fashioned way." Sweet! Thanks, BB!



  • StrongOpinions, who was having an absolutely miserable day today, is much sunnier today. As a mom, her mood affects me, too. So having her feel better makes me more chipper.



  • I'll be bringing one of my icons to Spiritual Direction class on Thursday night, to lead a guided imagery prayer with it. I've done guided imagery before, but not with a visual image. I'm not quite sure how I will do it, but I guess I'll find a way. Any ideas, RevGals?

No comments: