Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Status Report

The Pastoral Theology paper is done and turned in.

The Church History paper is done and printed out and will be turned in tomorrow morning.

The study guides for Aquinas and Barth are done and distributed to my study group.

The short sermon for Homiletics was very well received (probably better than it deserved, but I'll take it).

The Advent Lessons and Carols (I sang a solo and also sang with two different choirs) went well. Incense! At Big Old Seminary (historically a bastion of low-church Episcopalians)! Will wonders never cease? The evening was made even more lovely by our first snowfall of the season. Driving home afterwards was a bit slippery, but there was very little traffic, so I just drove gently with all the trees and bushes and streets and houses glazed with snow. Good to be home, though.

More work tomorrow, but it seems like it's slowly getting done. I've got to wrap up the Church History Christian Ed project (maybe I'll get that done tomorrow) and then hunker down to finish the Systematics paper. The dear prof sent around sample questions for her final. Scared the bejabbers out of me. Ah, well, come Holy Spirit come and all that.

It will get done.

3 comments:

Towanda said...

"Ah, well, come Holy Spirit come and all that.

It will get done."

Yep.

Cathy said...

What selections did you sing?

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Cathy, for my solo I sang the first verse of "This is the Truth Sent From Above." The choir sang that, plus "The Angel Gabriel" (#265 in the hymnal"), plus the Contemporary Sacred Singers sang "Praise Him" and there were a number of the other usual advent pieces. It was so lovely!