Monday, December 10, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays

So very tired, and the gray damp weather isn't helping.

The preaching went well on Sunday morning, and the singing went surprisingly well Sunday night. I guess when you're singing the Messiah and you have to go to the bathroom through the whole dang thing, and you're thinking about that, you don't have the bandwidth to worry about the singing.

Not enough hours to sleep and do all the reading, so I think I'll opt for sleep. StrongOpinions has been ill, and there have been several tearful phone calls, so I'm short on sleep right now.

Spiritual direction was a real blessing today. An hour of lectio divina wasn't nearly enough, but it helped. I am so ready for this semester to be over.

On a positive note (one should always end on a positive note, right?) I found some really cool music (check it out: http://www.savae.org/echoes1.html) for my Church History Christian Ed project. Very wild stuff, very Middle Eastern. If that doesn't make students feel they're in Jerusalem in the time of Jesus, I don't know what would.

I got my three parishes to check out for my summer internship. Interviewing with two of them on Thursday, and hoping to hear from the third tomorrow. It's hard to have energy about it right now, but the sooner that gets decided, the better.

Sorry I don't sound more enthusiastic. I think I need a vacation.

4 comments:

Lauralew said...

Hugs for you, Mibi.

Anonymous said...

Hugs and prayers at the end of your semester. I feel like I should come out of Lurkdom to send encouragement your way (I've been reading your blog for awhile), since I'm also just finishing my semester. I'm a student at Not Quite So Big Seminary across the river from you and I can empathize with the stress of all these classes, and end-of-semester stuff. Except that I don't take quite as many as you do! ... well, I've just finished my Systematics final exam, and have one more sermon to preach for Preaching, on Wednesday. The class is "Lent and Easter" and I was assigned to preach on Pentecost. Now here we are in the middle of Advent and I'm preaching Pentecost...lol. Then I have to preach the following Sunday at my field placement site. Then get ready for Christmas, with two kids and all their school holiday stuff...eek...lol.... well, it will all be done soon.

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Welcome, Lorraine. I presume you're at the Methodist Not Quite So Big? Greetings and salutations. I take way too many classes, but it just seems to be the way I'm made. Glutton for punishment or hungry for knowledge or something. I'm in the home stretch of the ChurchHistory-Christian Ed project - just doing cosmetic stuff - and getting ready to finish my systematics paper, which is a more daunting task. I suppose I should worry about my two final exams, but there's still time before I panic on that front...

Sophia said...

Just checking in to say hello.

I've been a bit swamped for, oh, weeks now, but I'm still out here.

I hope things are well. The term is almost over, thank goodness!

We're almost halfway there!!!!!!!!!