Sunday, October 09, 2005

Cheesehead's Meme

Cheesehead has challenged me to participate in her meme:
Leave your name and... 1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in. (Ummm... actually, I won't.)
4. I'll try to say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal. You MUST. Okay...who wants to play with me??

And here's how she replied to me:

For Mibi: 1. Terrific pseudonym-osity.
2. "Still Standing" by Carrie Newcomer. It's a song about strength.
3. I was just kidding about the jello. ;-)
4. I'm glad your BC is no longer fiction.
5. I remember how you "get" having 'interesting' adult children.
6. A beautiful strong bird--a long distance flier of some sort. Maybe a hawk.
7. I wonder how your journey to ministry came about. What's that story like?

My dear, you are much cleverer than I! I adore Carrie Newcomer, but number 4 is so obscure I can't figure it out.

The journey to ministry was very long, circuitous, and serendipitous.

4 comments:

reverendmother said...

Hey, Carrie is going to be in concert here the first weekend in November. Care to go?

Jammin' Java in Vienna.

I'm her #1 fan; I've loved her for almost 10 years!

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

I'm bummed out. She's there on Friday night, and I am traveling back that afternoon from a conference in Monterey and won't land in Dulles until 9 pm. I would have loved to. Cheer her on for me!

reverendmother said...

Well have I got great news for you--she will also be playing Saturday night (so says the JJ website and her homepage)! Of course it's a school-night for me, and you may have jetlag ;-) ...but what do you think?

I am co-leading a women's day retreat that day so it will be a wonderful girl-power day for me.

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

RM- yes, yes, yes! PH will be out of town at a conference and StrongOpinions always has SOMETHING to do on a Saturday night, so let's do it! Since I'll be back from the West Coast, my body will be on Pacific Standard Time, so I stand a fighting chance of staying conscious after 9:30 pm...