Thursday, September 29, 2005

Testimony...

as to the power of prayer.

The GREs went remarkably well, despite my fears. I followed Quotidian Grace's suggestion and reminded myself to breathe. I said a prayer before I started, and whenever I was completely bumfuzzled by a question.

They have you do the writing exercises first, and I really felt like I got into a groove with them. I won't know the scores on them for a couple of weeks. but I'd be surprised if I got less than a 5 on the six point scale they grade them on. The multiple choice verbal and math sections came next. I think I over-thought some of the verbal questions. When the math section started, I went completely blank, couldn't remember a single rule, formula, equation...nothing. Slowly it started coming back. I guess I remembered enough, and the Holy Spirit helped. Score on the verbal section was 710 (bummed I didn't make it to 750, but I'll be quiet now) and quantitative was 650 (now you KNOW the Holy Spirit was helping me).

Thanks for the prayers. I'm so relieved that it's over with and the scores aren't mortifying!

1 comment:

Jody Harrington said...

Outstanding! Well done, Midi. I'm glad to hear the breathing worked.