A marvelous surprise last night. PH and I went out on date night, sharing a pizza in a new place. The cell phone rang, and it was our local public radio station that was calling to tell me we had won the prize in their membership drive. A weekend at the beautiful old Homestead Resort. We have a year to use it, so we will have to figure out when we might need a little break in the action. Since I never win anything beyond $2 on a raffle ticket, this was remarkable.
Grateful for many things this week:
- a new baby born in the parish
- the first session of St Giles' Gate, our ministry to children with special needs today
- getting Saabie back, and the repair cost under $200, not $2K as I feared
- the loan of a car while Saabie was in the shop by my wonderful Senior Warden and his wife
- being almost done with one major knitting project, with another that only needs the finish work close behind
- a new series on Masterpiece tomorrow night.
Waiting for PH to get home from some outreach work. Dinner is prepped and ready to cook: Cornmeal crusted tilapia, roasted new potatoes, sauteed chopped kale with garlic and red pepper. Plus the delicious faux ice cream that you make by whirring some frozen ripe bananas, a couple of tablespoons of cocoa, and a splash of vanilla extract in the food processor until it is just like soft-serve ice cream. Yum.