Friday, October 14, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

Another memorial service coming up this Saturday...one of the patriarchs of the parish. This is the second memorial service in eight days. Both of those who passed were quite ill, and their passing is a blessing, an end to their suffering, but it is still exhausting. And we are back in the pattern of at least one memorial service per month since I've gotten there. Sigh.

Good things are happening in other areas of the work. Some new folks, a great group attending our Episcopal 101 class, a new women's Bible Study started up with lay leadership this past week. I'd like more new members, but that will happen as it will.

PH and I got away last Sunday afternoon to Monday night for a mini-vacation - we went to Williamsburg to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. I am blessed...he has been the best of husbands and the best of friends.

I'm fighting some sort of infectious thing that is making all my joints feel stiff and painful. Powering through it, but it isn't fun.

On Sunday, I'll be visiting a parishioner who is in a rehab program and then heading out to ShrineMont, 2 1/2 hours away, for the Bishop's clergy conference. Back again on Wednesday.

I'm slowly getting better at delegating tasks, and my folks are getting better at trusting their own gifts. Otherwise, I'd be a puddle of melted and exhausted goo.

Today is supposed to be my day off, so I spent the morning at the car place getting the Saab inspected. Unfortunately, there is something amiss electrically that is causing the high-beam headlight on the right to fail, so it will have to be attended to next week and then be reinspected. Sigh. That errand took 2.5 hours...suffice to say that I wasn't in good humor after that expedition. Tonight I've got the visitation for the gentleman whose service and interment will be tomorrow, so it's sort of a half of a day off. I think I'll go and take a quick nap...

No comments: