Monday, December 06, 2010

Ah, yes, Too busy to eat.

It just dawned on me that it is 2:30 in the afternoon and I've not eaten since 7 this morning.

It's been that kind of day, what with memorial service planning (yes, another dear soul in my parish has died...honestly, I'm not doing anything to encourage them to depart this mortal plane), finally - a little late, yes - finishing the memorial service planning booklet so I have something to hand to people when they are doing such planning, rehearsing my solo for Advent Lessons and Carols on Sunday (am I crazy? yes), working with Wonderful Music Director on a bunch o'stuff.

A few Vicar of Dibley moments re some of the unique ways things are done around here. Not bad or good, just different and a wee bit surprising now and then.

I survived the Mutual Ministry Review - we had an excellent facilitator who focused us on the things we most cherish about the place that we can build on rather than who's good and who's bad. Some negativity around "it's our job not to let Mibi steamroll the Vestry"...dang, I didn't realize I was so powerful...a couple of members of the vestry who would like everything to stay exactly the same, but still attract new families and raise more funds. Not to worry. Stuff is happening in a calm and gentle way, there is new excitement, and we are respecting the beauty of past traditions, mostly.

Anyway, time for (late) lunch!
Happy St Nicholas Day...and happy first anniversary of priestly ordination to me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary on your ordination! Your blog is a ministry in and of itself. Thanks for taking the time to write.